Benefits of Having a Pet.
Having a pet can be the most rewarding experience that you have in your life, it is true that pets can be playful at times and they might love resting across your legs or in your desktop while you are working or taking pleasure of breaking things around you for no specific reason, but they have a whole different charm to themselves. Pets are lovely and loyal, they can be curious and independent. Recent studies show that Sixty-seven percent of U.S. households, or about 85 million families, own a pet.
Studies have shown that the bond between people and their pets can increase fitness, lower stress, and bring happiness to their owners. Some of the health benefits of having a pet include:
- Decreased blood pressure
- Decreased cholesterol levels
- Decreased triglyceride levels
- Decreased feelings of loneliness
- Increased opportunities for exercise and outdoor activities
- Increased opportunities for socialization